Long Reach Community Association GOALS & STRATEGIES 2009/2010 Adopted June 18, 2013 Click here to download Board’s Goals for 2013/2014.
The purpose of the Long Reach Community Association is to enhance the quality of life for the residents by being responsive to the needs, interests and priorities of the community. It is the function of this organization to promote the health, safety, common good and social welfare of the residents.
Manage the Long Reach Community Association finances judiciously to ensure its continuation as a valuable community resource.
- Quarterly review the association’s financial records
- Annually, conduct an outside review of the association’s financial records.
- Provide oversight
- Continue to monitor the CA assessment share process to assure that Long Reach’s portion is equitable
- To be fiscally conservative in our expenditures and to be self-sufficient as possible for earning our own income
Work with the community, the village center merchants and America’s Realty to enhance the occupancy, function and appearance of the village center.
- Advocate that any redevelopment of the Village Center is in accordance with the Long Reach Village Center Master Plan
- Support the CA Art Center
- Meet regularly with America’s Realty’s
- Meet with the Ho. Co. Police quarterly to receive security updates
Develop and implement measures to enhance public awareness of the role and activities of the Long Reach Community Association and to encourage greater public participation.
- Publish & mail Reach Out to every household
- Maintain Long Reach Facebook page
- Maintain and upgrade the website to incorporate recent technology
- Publish Annual Report
- Co-sponsor & attend community meetings on issues of concern
- Provide informational Newcomer’s Packets to new homeowners
- Mail village election absentee ballots to all households
- Offer volunteer opportunities for the residents to participate in the village process.
Continue efforts to foster a greater sense of community within the village.
- Searching For Spring (March)
- Flea Market (April & September)
- Village Election (April)
- Frog Night (April)
- Plant Swap
- Village-wide Yard Sales (May & October)
- Volunteer Party (June)
- Columbia Home Tour (June)
- Columbia Birthday Party (June)
- Block Party Kits (June – August)
- Cul de Sac Grants (June – August)
- Neighborhood Pool Parties (July)
- Halloween Party (October)
- Bingo Night (October)
- Holiday Lights Tour (December)
- Master Gardener Series (Spring & Fall)
- Adopt-A-Path (year-round)
- Provide an array of classes and camps
- Provide free meeting space for neighborhood watch groups
- Provide free meeting space for scout troops
- Provide reasonably priced meeting/social space at the four village facilities.
Advocate transfer of the Howard Hughes Corporation site in Long Reach to Columbia Association for the development as a recreational site in Long Reach.
- Monitor potential status of the property
- Watch for community recreational needs that could be met with a facility at this site.
- Included property in Village Center Master Plan
Support and monitor Howard County’s efforts to develop the Blandair property as a regional community park.
- Village manager and several residents are members of the Howard County Blandair Task Force.
- Testify to State & County for funding to develop the site.
Promote and enforce village-wide compliance with the Long Reach covenants.
- Fund two part-time Covenant Advisors
- Oversee the activities of the AC and RAC
- Monitor the condition of the village center & report findings to America’s Realty
- Provide Long Reach & CA covenant packs for residents
- Respond to specific architectural or maintenance complaints made by residents & perform visual inspections of the properties.
- Maintain on-going relationship with the boards of townhouse and condominium associations to insure architectural integrity.
- Process requests for Letters of Compliance and inspect the properties for compliance to the Long Reach covenants.
Act as advocates for the Long Reach residents on issues that affect the village.
- Monitor State and local news for items of concern to Long Reach residents’
- Provide information & referral services to the residents
- Meet with local government representatives & officials to review legislation & discuss community concerns
- Testify to local & State governmental agencies on pertinent issues to the community
- Sponsor community meetings so residents can keep informed on local issues
- Liaise with Howard County Police
- Monitor the condition of the village’s open spaces
- Monitor surrounding development
Continue to liaise with Howard County Police and Howard County officials to ensure public safety in the village.
- Work with Howard County Police on the “Better Together” Enhancing the Long Reach Community initiative.
- Meet quarterly with Howard County officials on community revitalization.
- Partner residents and the Howard County Police Department in developing local crime prevention programs.
Create and support initiatives to involve Long Reach youth in constructive activities.
- Sponsor Boy Scout troop
- Contribute money to local youth sports teams
- Contribute money to after-prom parties
- Liaise with other community associations to work on teen issues
- Publish Teen Scene page in village newsletter
- Liaise with CA to support CA teen initiatives
- Collect school supplies for students
- Liaise with community organizations to organize youth activities.
ANNUAL REPORT 2012-2013 Long Reach Community Association Annual Report