Two Village Board positions and the Columbia Council Representative position will be filled at the annual Long Reach election on Saturday, April 22, 2023.
The order in which the candidates appear was selected randomly.
VILLAGE BOARD (2 open positions – 3 Candidates)
- Saura C. Sahu (Kendall Ridge)
- Dr. Lillian Norris-Holmes (Kendall Ridge)
- Nina Basu (Phelps Luck)
COLUMBIA COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE (1 open position – 3 Candidates)
- Allan Klima (Phelps Luck)
- Reginald (Reg) T. Avery (Jeffers Hill)
- Rick McCray (Kendall Ridge)
View the Candidates’ Statements.
Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 7pm
Candidates’ Night 2023 will be virtual via Zoom. This is a wonderful opportunity to hear from the candidates and ask questions!
The Zoom meeting link will be posted on our website no later than noon, March 31, 2023.
For information, please email the Election Committee members or email@example.com
Who Can Vote:
Owners and tenants of Columbia Association assessed property in Long Reach in good standing are entitled to vote. Only one vote per ownership or tenancy interest will be counted. Note: Tenants must have a copy of their current lease on file at Stonehouse.
How to Vote (three options):
Long Reach Community Association members will have three options for voting: online, by mail, or in-person on election day. Ballot Priority: If multiple ballots are submitted for a single property, the first ballot received has priority.
- In-person: Polls will be located in the lower level area of Stonehouse, 6110 Foreland Garth,
- on Saturday, April 22, 2023 from 9:30am to 1:30pm. Current, valid identification is required of everyone voting in person on Election Day. If you are a tenant, you must also bring a copy of your current lease. Copies will be made at no charge.
- Online: Please follow the instructions on the Absentee Ballot. Online voting closes at 4 pm, Friday, April 21, 2023.
- By mail: You may vote by absentee ballot, either by returning your mailed ballot or requesting a ballot by mail or in person from Stonehouse. All absentee ballots must be received at Stonehouse by 4 pm, Friday, April 21, 2023, or by a member of the Election Committee no later than midnight, Friday, April 21, 2023.
Important Reminder: Please make sure you read and carefully adhere to the instructions on the postage paid envelope. We require the full legal name of the owner or tenant, Long Reach address, signature, date, and the requirement to circle either TENANT or OWNER.
View the Election Rules
ELECTION DAY ACTIVITIES
Saturday, April 22, 2023 • Stonehouse (lower level area)
Come out and vote—Plus enjoy these fun activities!
- In-person voting – 9:30am – 1:30pm
- Paper Shredding – 9am – Noon: Safely and securely dispose of sensitive information. FREE for Long Reach residents (ID Required). $10 for all others. Limit 3 grocery bags/banker boxes per household. The event is over once the truck is full. This is not a drive-through event. Participants must be able to carry their shredding from their car to the shredding truck.
- Native Plant Giveaway – 9:30am – Noon: Pick-up a beneficial and beautiful native plant for your garden. First-Come, first served.
- Ceramics Sale – 9:30am – Noon: Stop by Columbia Art Center’s outdoor spring ceramics sale. Functional pottery & decorative ceramics at affordable prices. Ideal for gift-giving, home use, and decorating! All works are created by students and instructors of Columbia Art Center.