Ever wonder who handles what? Below you will find the functions and services offered by Long Reach Community Association, Columbia Association, Howard County Government, and others.
Long Reach Community Association
- Representing our village in areas of resident interest such as education and zoning issues.
- Enforcing the Long Reach Covenants concerning the appearance of properties in our village.
- Managing Columbia Association community properties in Long Reach – Stonehouse (our community center) and three neighborhood centers, Jeffers Hill, Locust Park and Phelps Luck.
- Publishing our village newsletter, Reach Out.
- Providing liaison and support for other community activities and interests.
- Offering a full ballet program.
- Renting space for parties and meetings (discounted for Columbia lienpayers). Learn more here.
- Special community events, such as block party kits, cul-de-sac landscaping grants, neighborhood pool parties, Village-Wide Yard Sales and various seasonal offerings.
- Children’s activities, including holiday events and our summer camp, Camp Oasis.
Townhouse and Condo Associations
Functions and services of townhouse and condominium associations vary. Please contact your association for further information.
Contact information can be found here.
- Maintaining fitness facilities, golf clubs, tennis and basketball courts and swimming pools
- Organizing free summer concerts and films at the Downtown Columbia Lakefront
- Operating the Columbia Ice Rink, Columbia Horse Center (via lease), Columbia SportsPark/SkatePark
- Providing summer camps
- Operating the Columbia Art Center, Youth and Teen Center at the The Barn, Columbia Archives and Volunteer Center Serving Howard County
- Maintaining approximately 3,600 acres of open space
- Providing Before and After School Care to Howard County students
- Developing plans to improve the connectivity of the pathway system in Columbia
- Developing plans to protect and restore Columbia’s watershed
- You can learn more at columbiaassociation.org
Howard County Government
- Schools and library management
- Watershed management/restoration
- Water and sewer management
- Inspections, licenses and permits
- Road maintenance and snow removal
- Planning and zoning management
- Waste and recycling collection
- Historic preservation County parks and recreation facilities
- Police, fire and rescue services
You can learn more at howardcountymd.gov