Two Village Board positions and one CA Council Representative position will be filled at the annual Long Reach Election on Saturday, April 24, 2021. Election Rules are available here.
Village Board Candidates (2 positions open)
- Nina Basu (Phelps Luck)
- Reginald T. Avery (Jeffers Hill)
Columbia Council Representative Candidates (1 position open)
- Janet Evans (Locust Park)
- Adam Herson (Kendall Ridge)
Who Can Vote:
Owners and tenants of Columbia Association assessed property in Long Reach in good standing are entitled to vote. Only one vote per ownership or tenancy interest will be counted. Note: Tenants must have on file at Stonehouse a copy of their current lease.
How to Vote (three options):
Long Reach Community Association members will have three options for voting: online, by mail, or in-person on election day. Ballot Priority: If multiple ballots are submitted for a single property, the first ballot received has priority.
- In person: Polls will be located in the lower level area of Stonehouse, 6110 Foreland Garth, on Saturday, April 24, 2021 from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm. Current, valid identification is required of everyone voting in person on Election Day. If you are a tenant, you must also bring a copy of your current lease. Copies will be made at no charge.
- Online: Please follow the instructions on the Absentee Ballot. Online voting closes at 4 pm, Friday, April 23, 2021.
- By mail: You may vote by absentee ballot, either by returning your mailed ballot or requesting a ballot by mail or in person from Stonehouse. All absentee ballots must be received at Stonehouse by 4 pm on Friday, April 23, 2021, or by a member of the Election Committee no later than midnight, Friday, April 23, 2021.
Important Reminder: Please make sure you read and carefully adhere to the instructions on the postage paid envelope. We require the full legal name of the owner or tenant, Long Reach address, signature, date, and the requirement to circle either TENANT or OWNER.
The Long Reach Community Association 2021 Village Elections Voter List is posted in Stonehouse and is available for review by appointment only.
Long Reach Community Association By-laws Section 8.07. Balloting. Members in good standing pursuant to Article III of the Declaration of the Association shall be eligible to vote in the annual election. The Columbia Association assessment rolls and apartment listings together form the official voter registration list. This list shall be posted at the polling place no later than two weeks prior to the election. Non-appearance of a qualified voter’s name shall be referred to the Election Committee for resolution.
To make an appointment, please call 410-730-8113 or email email@example.com
Election Day Festivities
All in-person election day events will take place on Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 6110 Foreland Garth in the lower level parking lot behind Stonehouse and Columbia Art Center. Social distancing and masks are required.
- In-person voting 9:30am – 1:30pm
- Paper Shredding 9am – noon. FREE for all Long Reach residents (ID Required) $10 for all others. Limit 3 grocery bags/banker boxes per household. First come, first served. No registration required. The event is over once the truck is full. Learn more here.
- Native Plant and Tree Giveaway Pick-up between 9:30am – noon. Registration opens April 1, 2021. First come, first served. Pre-registration required. Learn more here.
- Columbia Art Center Pottery Sale 9am – noon. Ideal for Mother’s Day gifts, home decorating, and functional use!
- VIN Etching by HoCo Police Department 9am – noon. Engraving your car’s unique vehicle identification number on all of the major pieces of glass is a highly effective deterrent, and it assists in returning a stolen vehicle to its rightful owner. FREE and takes just minutes! No registration required.