Three Village Board positions are open and two will be filled at the annual Long Reach Election on Saturday, April 23, 2022. Election Rules are available here.
Village Board Candidates (3 positions open – 2 Candidates)
- Josh Friedman (Locust Park)
- Edward Coleman (Jeffers Hill)
Who Can Vote:
Owners and tenants of Columbia Association assessed property in Long Reach in good standing are entitled to vote. Only one vote per ownership or tenancy interest will be counted. Note: Tenants must have a copy of their current lease on file at Stonehouse.
How to Vote (three options):
Long Reach Community Association members will have three options for voting: online, by mail, or in-person on election day. Ballot Priority: If multiple ballots are submitted for a single property, the first ballot received has priority.
- In person: Polls will be located in the lower level area of Stonehouse, 6110 Foreland Garth, on Saturday, April 23, 2022 from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm. Current, valid identification is required of everyone voting in person on Election Day. If you are a tenant, you must also bring a copy of your current lease. Copies will be made at no charge.
- Online: Please follow the instructions on the Absentee Ballot. Online voting closes at 4 pm, Friday, April 22, 2022. If you are a tenant, your current lease must be on file at Stonehouse in advance of voting online.
- By mail: You may vote by absentee ballot, either by returning your mailed ballot or requesting a ballot by mail or in person from Stonehouse. All absentee ballots must be received at Stonehouse by 4 pm on Friday, April 22, 2022, or by a member of the Election Committee no later than midnight, Friday, April 22, 2022. Tenants must enclose with their ballot or have on file at Stonehouse a copy of their current lease.
Important Reminder: Please make sure you read and carefully adhere to the instructions on the postage paid envelope. We require the full legal name of the owner or tenant, Long Reach address, signature, date, and the requirement to circle either TENANT or OWNER.
The Long Reach Community Association 2022 Village Elections Voter List is posted in Stonehouse and is available for review by appointment only.
Long Reach Community Association By-laws Section 8.07. Balloting. Members in good standing pursuant to Article III of the Declaration of the Association shall be eligible to vote in the annual election. The Columbia Association assessment rolls and apartment listings together form the official voter registration list. This list shall be posted at the polling place no later than two weeks prior to the election. Non-appearance of a qualified voter’s name shall be referred to the Election Committee for resolution.
To make an appointment, please call 410-730-8113 or email email@example.com
Due to the election being uncontested this year, Candidates’ Night has been canceled.
Election Day Festivities
All in-person election day events will take place on Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 6110 Foreland Garth in the lower level parking lot behind Stonehouse and Columbia Art Center.
- In-person voting 9:30am – 1:30pm
- Paper Shredding 9am – noon. FREE for all Long Reach residents (ID Required) $10 for all others. Limit 3 grocery bags/banker boxes per household. This is NOT a drive-thru event. Participants must be able to carry their own shredding from their car to the shredding truck. First come, first served. No registration required. The event is over once the truck is full. Learn more here.
- Native Plant Giveaway Pick-up between 9:30am – noon. First come, first served.
- Bloomin’ Ceramics Sale 9:30am – noon. Stop by Columbia Art Center’s outdoor spring ceramics sale. Functional pottery and decorative ceramics will be for sale at affordable prices. Ideal for gift-giving, home use, and decorating! All works were created by students and instructors of Columbia Art Center.
Justin Van Hassel, Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
Reginald Avery – email@example.com
Nina Basu – firstname.lastname@example.org
Janet Evans – email@example.com
Charles Davis – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com or call Stonehouse at 410-730-8113.